Monday, January 07, 2013

NBA Legend Phil Jackson Finally Gives Jeanie Buss the Ring of Her Dreams After 13-Year Courtship

NBA coaching legend Phil Jackson, who has been dating LA Lakers executive VP Jeanie Buss since the last millennium, has finally put a ring on it. Jackson’s long-awaited proposal was confirmed on Thursday when Buss took to Twitter with an announcement and photo.

“Twitter family - Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted! :-),” she tweeted.

image

The 67-year-old Jackson, who holds 11 NBA championship rings, presented Buss, 51, with a beautiful emerald-cut diamond ring flanked by two smaller emerald-cut diamonds on Christmas Day.

“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPN. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”

image

Jackson is the former coach of the LA Lakers and Buss is the daughter of the team’s majority owner, Jerry Buss. The two met in 1999 and had been dating ever since. The couple has not set a wedding date.

image

If you’re saying to yourself, “I think I’ve seen another celebrity wearing a similar ring,” you’re right. Back in May of 2011, Kim Kardashian revealed her $2 million, 20-carat emerald-cut diamond ring given to her by professional basketball player Kris Humphries.

The couple married in August of 2011 and divorced 72 days later. The mammoth ring is currently at the center of a court battle in which Humphries claims that the marriage was based on fraud. He is seeking an annulment and the return of the ring. The courts will hear the case in February.



No comments: