Friday, September 14, 2012

Music Friday With David Guetta's 'Titanium,' Featuring Sia

Welcome to Music Friday, when we bring sensational songs with jewelry, gemstones or precious metals in the lyrics or title. Today we bend the definition of "precious metals" just a bit so we can highlight "Titanium," a 2011 blockbuster hit by French DJ/music producer David Guetta, with lead vocals by Australian recording artist Sia.

The single is from Guetta's fifth studio album, "Nothing but the Beat." In total, Guetta has sold more than three million albums and 15 million singles worldwide.

"Titanium" is an international sensation, having earned top-10 positions on the music charts in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States.

Sia Furler, better known as Sia, has been on the music scene for nearly 20 years. Her powerful vocals on the anthem-like "Titanium" have made her a household name in the U.S. (Interesting side note: Katy Perry was invited to feature on the song but turned it down.)

The official "Titanium" music video has been viewed on YouTube more than 105 million times. Because the official version is preceded by a 30-second commercial, we've opted for the version (below) of Sia performing live in Vancouver, Canada, in August 2011.

The lyrics are below if you'd like to sing along. Enjoy...

"Titanium"

Written by David Guetta, Sia Furler, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort and Afrojack. Featuring Sia Furler.

You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
you shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

Cut me down, but it's you who'll have further to fall
Ghost town and haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud, not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away

you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium

Stone hard, machine gun
Fired at the ones who run
Stone hard, as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

I am titanium



No comments: